Judy met with her oncological surgeon to review the results of the high-resolution cat-scan. What was conveyed isn’t what we wanted to hear, but at least it’s a step closer to treatment.
It seems that the anatomy of the tumor means that surgery is off the table—at least for now. They found that it is in both the gallbladder and the bile duct. The next logical step would be chemo with surgery a potentiality later. However, there is a preliminary procedure that needs to be done in advance of chemo, another endoscopic biopsy to determine the nature of the tumor—if it is indeed cancer. More hurry up and wait, I’m afraid.
All things communicated are indicative of what we had been advised from the start. That the cancer is rare, and extremely difficult treat.
But you can help! Do you know anyone with connections at UCSF oncology who might be able to influence the timeliness of the endoscopy? If you could please pass on that info via the contact form or any other email/numbers you have for us, it’d be hugely appreciated.
Also, stay tuned! We are going to have an art show/fundraiser/benefit for Judy on the weekend of December 7-9 in Berekely. Watch for a Facebook event.
Thanks for checking in!